VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the
ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons.
Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken thinly sliced: 2 inches long 1/2 Kg / 1 lb.
Onions – Finely diced: 180 Gms /6.34 oz / 3 medium.
Cooking oil: 2 Tablespoons / 30 ml.
Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania – Sliced finely: 1 small bunch / 10 twigs.
Mint leaves/Pudina – Sliced finely: 1 small bunch / 10 twigs.
Yogurt / Curd: 50 gms / 1.76 oz.
Butter: 50 Gms / 1.76 oz.
Cashew Nuts – Grounded with ½ cup water: 30 Gms / 1.06 oz.
Cream: 50 Gms / 1.76 oz.
Orange Red Color: 2 Pinches.
Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Butter Chicken Masala: One packet.
STEPS OF COOKING:
1. Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water and make paste of Butter chicken masala and apply to Chicken
along with the grounded Cashew nut paste and keep aside.
2. Add Orange red color in the yogurt / curd, mix and whip thoroughly and keep aside.
3. Heat oil and Butter in a pressure cooker, fry onions till they start changing color.
4. Add the chicken and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously making sure Butter chicken
masala paste doesn’t stick to bottom of cooker.
5. Add yogurt / curd to the above and cook, stirring continuously till yogurt / curd is done. (This
process takes anywhere between 2 to 4 minutes).
6. Add 250 ml / 1 glass water and mix thoroughly.
7. Close lid of pressure cooker. On first whistle of cooker, close stove and let cooker cool down.
8. Remove lid and cook till chicken is tender and gravy becomes thick, stirring occasionally. Add
cream, mix thoroughly and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Close stove, add Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhania
and Mint leaves/Pudina, cover cooker and let it remain on stove for 5 minutes and serve.