No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the
ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons.
Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons.
Chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into very small pieces: ½ kg / 1 lb.
Egg – Whites only: 2.
Green chilies – Whole: 10 Pcs.
Cooking oil: Enough for deep frying Chicken.
Curry leaves: 6 twigs (kadi) / 60 leaves.
Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhanya: 1 Small bunch / 10 twigs.
Mint leaves/Pudina: 1 Small bunch / 10 twigs.
Yogurt (curd): 75 gms / 2.65 oz.
Edible Orange Red Colour: 2-3 pinches.
Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Chicken 65 Masala: 1 packet.
STEPS OF COOKING:
1. In a bowl mix chicken thoroughly with Two tablespoons / ¼ small tea cup water, entire masala of
pouch # 1, Two egg whites only without yolks and marinate for one hour.
2. In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying chicken.
3. Put marinated chicken pieces one by one into the heated oil and on high flame, deep fry till the
chicken starts changing colour. This process takes between 2 to 5 minutes only, because if fried
more than that, the pieces will get stiff. Remove and allow pieces to cool down.
4. Whip yogurt (curd) thoroughly, add orange red color, mix well and keep aside.
5. Mix ingredients of pouch # 2, Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya, Mint Leaves / Pudina in 125 ml /
Half glass of water thoroughly and keep aside.
6. Transfer oil left over after frying chicken into a bowl leaving only 3 tablespoons in the kadai (wok),
heat it, add green chilies, fry for 30 to 60 seconds, add curry leaves and let them splutter for 10 to 20
seconds, add the yogurt/curd and fry for about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Now add the entire chicken, mix thoroughly and fry for another one to two minutes and then add the
paste of pouch No 2, mix thoroughly, reduce flame to low, cover the pot and cook till water is
absorbed and chicken is tender.
8. Increase flame, stir fry vigorously and continuously till water is completely absorbed. Make sure
Masala does not stick to bottom of Wok (Kadai). Remove and serve.