No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the
ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons.
Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons.
Chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into very small pieces: 1/2 kg / 1 lb.
Green chilies – Diced finely: 5.
Cooking oil: Enough for deep frying Chicken.
Capsicum/Bell Pepper – Cut into 12 pcs: 1 Big / 50 Gms.
Onion – Cut into 12 pcs: 1 Big / 125 Gms.
Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhanya – Finely diced: 1 Small bunch / 10 twigs.
Mint leaves/Pudina – Finely diced: 1 Small bunch / 10 twigs.
Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Chilli Chicken Masala 1 packet
STEPS OF COOKING:
1. In a bowl mix chicken thoroughly with only One Tablespoon water, entire masala of pouch # 1, One
egg and marinate for one to two hours.
2. In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying chicken.
3. Put marinated chicken pieces one by one into the heated oil and on high flame, deep fry till the
chicken starts changing colour. This process takes between 3 to 5 minutes only, because if fried
more than that, the pieces will get stiff. Remove and allow pieces to cool down.
4. Mix and Whip ingredients of pouch # 2 in 125 ml / Half glass of water thoroughly into a watery
paste and keep aside.
5. Transfer oil left over after frying chicken into a bowl leaving only 4 tablespoons/60 ml in the kadai
(wok), heat it, add sliced capsicum/Bell Pepper and onion and fry for 3 to 5 minutes or till they loose
their rawness. (Should not be over or under fried).
6. Add diced green chillies and fry for further 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add watery paste of pouch # 2, mix thoroughly and let it come to a boil. (About 30 seconds only, not
more then that.)
8. Add entire chicken, Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara dhanya and Mint leaves/Pudina and stir fry vigorously
and continuously till all the water is absorbed completely. Remove and serve.